Our current chairman is standing down in September and we are seeking a volunteer to fill this role.
As Branch Chair, you will:
• Ensure continued delivery and development of our local work to support people with MND and their families
• Plan, prepare for and facilitate committee meetings
• Ensure appropriate decisions are made in a timely way when required
• Support Branch volunteers in planning and coordinating Branch activities
• Ensure Branch volunteers are aware of and follow the Association’s policies and procedures
• Induct and mentor new volunteers
• Work in partnership with staff to recruit new volunteers
• Act as an ambassador for the Association and as a host at Branch events.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop utilise your leadership skills and get involved with your local community. We are looking for someone reliable, warm and empathetic with the ability to motivate others. Leadership skills and experience of chairing meetings would be an advantage, along with good organisational and listening skills.
The group Chair will usually work for approximately 7-10 hours a week and facilitate on average 6 committee meetings a year and be involved in perhaps another dozen meetings during the year.
You’ll be inducted into the role and informed about the Association. As part of this, you will receive e-learning, face-to-face training and mentoring.